I love porridge. It puts me in such a good mood, it’s easy for me to digest at the moment and gives me a boost of energy to start the day.
This morning I treated myself to a huge bowl of pink porridge in bed. This recipe is so yummy and comforting. The creaminess of the almond milk and the Coyo goes perfectly with slightly tart flavour of the berry compote. And plus, it just looks sooooo pretty!
Here’s how I made it… Happy Saturday! 🌸
- Organic rolled oats
- Milk of your choice! (I used almond)
- Any combination of strawberries, raspberries or blackberries
- Coconut yoghurt
- Desiccated coconut
- Almond flakes
- honey or maple syrup
- Firstly, place a handful of berries into a saucepan. The more you use, the pinker the porridge! I like to use frozen fruit, just because it’s cheaper and easier…fresh berries are so expensive these days??? Pour a tiny bit boiling water to cover them to help them soften, and heat at a medium temperature for around 5 minutes.
2. Once they’ve softened, take a wooden fork and squish them down into a sort of compote. At this point you can either add some honey or maple syrup so it becomes a sweet jam, but personally I prefer sour fruit!
3. Once you’re happy with the consistency of the fruit, turn down the heat a little bit and pour the oats into the pan. 40g is the perfect amount.
4. Quickly pour in the milk – you want just enough to cover the oats. The more milk you use, the lighter the pink colour will be and you can always add in more later.
5. Mix the fruit, milk and oats in the pan until thoroughly combined and leave on a medium heat, making sure that the porridge doesn’t boil. Stir occasionally, until you are happy with the consistency. This will probably take about 5 minutes.
6. Pour into a bowl and top with a dollop of coyo and almond and coconut flakes. You could also add a drizzle of maple syrup, if you like it sweet! Enjoy! 💗